Thursday, November 16, 2006

Really Random Thoughts

WARNING: The following random thoughts are not connected in any way.

Listening to some vintage Doobie Brothers. I'm sorry, but music today just doesn't cut it. Give me the Doobies, circa early 1970s with Tom Johnston and Pat Simmons ANY DAY! Best song: Toulouse Street. My opinion.

So I guess Rich Warren thinks he's the US Ambassador to Syria. "Purpose Driven Peace Talks." Read Joe Farrah's comments via the Slice blog.

St. Brianstine had a link to this article by Daniel Wallace re: objections to the doctrine of election. Pretty good article.

It's official: Nancy Pelosi is the first woman Speaker of the House. That's all I'm going to say.

Tim Challies has an interesting post entitled Plagiarism in the Pulpit. I guess some pastors don't feel the need to able to "write" a sermon; just be able to "preach" one.

Yesterday, I filed an application to "ride along" with a Tulsa Police officer (you get to "ride along" during an actual shift). Don't know when I'll hear if I've been approved. They've already said I don't get a gun-- maybe they'll let me run the siren or radio. "One-Adam-Twelve. See the woman at..."

The Sony PS "something" went on sale today or yesterday--who really cares. I wonder how many of those people that camped out and/or stood in line for hours to buy a stupid game gave a tenth of that effort to vote last week...that's what I thought.

Finally: If I were a turkey...I'd hate Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Collinsville Christian Church said...

Hi Keith,

I love this post! My new Blog is
http://ixthus1963.blogspot.com/

Talk to you soon.

Beal said...

I like the Warren article. Interesting. Thanks.