Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Not Alone **Updated**

The graphic below shows the states that issue "concealed carry" permits versus those which do not. Only two states outright deny or restrict the concealed carrying of firearms. Any surprises there?

ccmap

"Our challenge is to get people persuaded that we can make progress when there's not evidence of that in their daily lives," he said. "You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest...And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."
- President-Elect Barack Obama, April 11, 2008

Apparently, the good folks of Pennsylvania are not alone.

UPDATE :: I laugh every time I watch this...

3 comments:

Baxter said...

lol, my husband will love this!

Baxter said...

P.S. I showed him the map, which he appreciated. He has always had an interest in guns, and buys the "Guns and Ammo" magazine. We were selling a utility trailer and a guy called asking if we would barter and take a couple of hand guns. I mentioned it to my husband; his eyes lit up, and I was glad I took the call. :)

Keith said...

I know quite a few people that are buying guns--people that are not really enthusiasts (sp?). They are doing so because of their fear of what BO may try to do with the Second Amendment once he gets into office. Pretty sad.