Saturday, May 13, 2006

This and That on a Saturday


Verse of the Day
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19:14 - NASB)

This is my son, Alex. He got this unicycle for his birthday (that's what he asked for) and in a matter of a week, he had "mastered" riding it. I tried...once. Now he's known as the "little boy on the unicycle" around our block. He rides the thing everywhere.

Today started out a little frustrating-- all of the outlets along one wall of our kitchen quit working all of a sudden. I finally chased the problem to an outlet that had a wire that had been jarred loose. An hour shot, but I didn't have to call an electrician!

Our oldest son, Ryon, is graduating from high school this week. After church tomorrow, we are attending, Senior Appreciation (formerly known as "baccalaureate ", but we had to quit calling it that because someone figured out the name may have religious overtones). Later, we'll be gathering at our house with family to celebrate.

We're studying James 3:5-12 tommorrow in Sunday School. I've been thinking about the things I say, how I say them, etc. The thought also occured to me that there are also words that we use that aren't really "cussing"...but they sure come close. Is it wrong to say "heck", when everyone really knows you mean "hell?"

No comments: