Friday, April 06, 2007

Good Friday - Friday Photos

Today is "Good Friday"-- our plant is closed, so I'm home working on my Sunday School lesson, playing on the internet. The president of our company is agnostic (his own classification), so I asked him one time:

Me: None of the principles of this company are particularly "religious," so why are we off on Good Friday?

Prez: Because it's a good Friday...any day you get to take off work and play golf is a "good Friday."

And there you have it...the meaning behind "Good Friday" from a non-Christian perspective.

I sing in an ensemble at church from time to time. We are singing tonight at the Good Friday Communion Service.

In Christ alone my hope is found
He is my light, my strength, my song.
This Cornerstone, this solid ground
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my all in all
Here in the love of Christ I stand

(In Christ Alone - by Stuart Townend and Keith Getty)

Friday Photos

There are a couple of cranes sitting at our plant, waiting to load some very large pieces of equipment. I took this picture looking up through the base of the crane.

Pretty simple. Orange cone sitting next to an out-rigger on one of the cranes. I did a little editing of the background in Corel PhotoPaint.

flickr: Friday Photo Group

No comments: