Thursday, April 05, 2007

Some People Just "Grate" On You

There's a guy at work that really rubs me the wrong way. He knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING. No matter what you do, he knows a better way to do it. And your way is just dumb. "Why are you doing it THAT way?" He seems to spend more time reviewing, critiquing, and belittling the way everyone does their job instead of doing his own...and the aggravating part is that the president of the company thinks this guy is the greatest thing since sliced bread! The "irritant" is constantly in the president's office bragging about his latest idea or discovery of someone else's mistake (my office is across the hall from the president's, so I hear quite a bit). He is rude, arrogant, deceitful, manipulative, and condescending.

I don't like him...and yet, I am commanded to pray for him and show him the love of Christ.

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. (1 Peter 2:12)

"But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you..." (Matt 5:44)

Scripture is pretty plain. I'm going to pray for the guy at work...if you're reading this, will you please pray for me?

No comments: