Thursday, January 01, 2009

Obama Health Care

As I look forward (he said tongue-in-cheek) to the Obama inauguration and presidency, I'm wondering about some things--one in particular: Obama's health care plan. From his own website, President-Elect Obama proposes:

Requir[ing] insurance companies to cover pre-existing conditions so all Americans regardless of their health status or history can get comprehensive benefits at fair and stable premiums. (Source)

So if you are prone to neglect your health AND common sense by setting things on fire and and sucking on them like a pacifier as well as consuming 6000+ calories a day, all while sitting on your big, fat lazy butt and most certainly guaranteeing your sooner-than-it-has-to-be-death...you don't need to worry about being denied health care coverage!

Now, I'm not the epitome of health, but I certainly am smart enough to realize that: (a) smoking, eating too much, getting very little or no exercise, and generally not doing ANYTHING to better my health ain't a good idea (b) somebody's gonna have to pay for all these fat slobs that have the self-discipline of a gnat when their bodies begin revolting against all of the years of abuse.

I bet the insurance companies will simply feel sorry for us and just absorb any of the additional costs of this plan. Yeah...I'm sure they will.

No comments: