Saturday, January 13, 2007

Iced In

I know it gets colder in plenty of other places, but it is stinkin' cold here in Oklahoma. Freezing rain and sleet began falling yesterday around noon and except for a couple of "breaks", has been pretty steady the past 24 hours. Depending on which station you watch, we have anywhere from 1 1/2 to 2 inches of ice/sleet on the ground. About forty-thousand electric customers are without power as of 5:00 PM. So far, we have electricity and CABLE (Internet), so we'll probably survive...plus we have plenty of Ramen noodles in the pantry. They're predicting more of the same through tomorrow. It's bad enough, most churches--including ours--have cancelled all services this weekend.

Spent most of the day studying for the CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) Test I'll be taking in February. I took two practice tests (there are three tests for the CWI) and did pretty well. Since we won't be going to church, I'll probably take the third practice test, tomorrow.

Alan Kurschner has closed comments on Calvinist Gadfly. As long as he keeps the site up and running, that's okay with me-- although I did enjoy reading the comments. Also Slice of Laodicea has revamped their site; they are now Christian Research Network. Contributing writers include Ingrid Schlueter, Ken Silva, Chris Rosebrough and Steve Camp. As with the "Gadfly" site, no comments.

I maintain two blogs (both pretty much identical); on my other site, a commentor asked about my previous post (Invactive Church Members)--basically, "what constitutes an active church member?" Are you an active member as long as you're not dead? Do you have to attend a certain number of times a month? a year? Can you just attend and not "serve" or be involved? Any thoughts?

3 comments:

Airsoft Man said...

Great blog! I'll be sure to comeback. You should come to our site too....you will like it.
Buy best quality airsoft guns online - AirSoft King: Select from spring pistols, spring rifles, gas handguns, electrics, and automatics. Don't forget to check out our accessories and ammunition too!.

Donna said...

Hey Keith, how much you want to bet that Airsoft Man won't be back?

I'm glad you are staying safe at home. I remember those ice storms when we lived in Altus -- not fun. I saw some pretty horrible accidents (one as it happened) on the news from Oklahoma the other day. Isnt' it amazing that so many people don't bother slowing down in winter weather?

I only like the beef Ramen noodles.

Keith said...

I'm not looking for him any time soon...unless I go out and buy a few Airsoft Guns!

We're more into the chicken Ramen noodles here at our house.