Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday Photos

Fort Walton Beach, FLI mentioned yesterday that I had been in Florida visiting my parents. When you tell people "I'm going to Florida," they most always respond, "Are you going to the beach?" I'm not really a beach person. I've been to Florida and the beach more times than I can count. It's really no big deal to me, but when Dana and the boys go with me (they didn't go this time), we HAVE to go to the beach, which is usully Fort Walton or Destin, two of the most beautiful beaches you'll see in Florida. The "sugar sand" --as some people refer to it-- is so white, it's blinding to look at on a sunny day.

My Parent's BackyardFlorida looks much different where my parents live; they live near the town in the panhandle where my mother grew up. The area is primarily agricultural with large fields of wheat, cotton and LOTS of trees. My parent's property sits right next to a state forest, which is beautiful, especially in the early morning. My parents have a room at the back of their home that is dominated by windows which makes it a great place to sit and drink a cup of coffee and just soak in the scenery. This is basically the view from the "Florida Room."

Friday Photos
These pictures represent more of what people think of as "Florida." The first one is a crane that was sitting on the pier at Ft Walton. The second photo was taken from the end of the pier looking back toward the beach. I liked the different colored frames around the windows. You can view all of my Florida pics here.

Fort Walton Beach, FL

Fort Walton Beach, FL

No comments: