Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Jesus is Not That Tall

I'm flipping through the channels last night and I came across the "Christian network"-- and lo' and behold, there's Jesse Duplantis. Brother Jesse was "waxing eloquent" about his trip to heaven--an event that took place several years ago, but God has recently told him to tell "His people" about it. In case you're wondering, and Jesse says it's true:

Jesus was taller than I thought He would be. I would guess Him to be from five feet eleven inches to six feet one inch. I thought at first His hair was white; but when He turned His head, I caught a glance and saw that it was light brown.

Soooo...all this time, that "flannelgraph" picture of Jesus my Sunday School teacher was showing me was a big, fat lie!?

TBN's website states that Jesse Duplantis [is] "one of the most unique and loved ministers of our generation, Jesse Duplantis has been sharing his memorable mix of strong, biblical preaching and hilarious life lessons (emphasis mine) every week on TBN for years."

"Strong biblical preaching"? - Mr. Duplantis didn't quote a single Scripture the whole time I watched (I'll have to admit, it wasn't very long) and "hilarious life lessons"? Yep, that's what I look for in a preacher...Dave Letterman with a New Testament.

No comments: